Instead of trying to replicate it here, I thought I’d jus’ give you a flavour of what it entails… and also throw in a little arb for good measure.
In addition to their free service (where you select arbs from tables), Sports Punter offer an alert system to highlight arb opportunities in real time, to save you all the tedious hunting around looking for them. This service is based on a continually updated database of arb opportunities from all over the world. It is so enormous that it can be overwhelming, however fortunately the good folk at Sports Punter have thought about this, and provided the facility to set up filters.
To allow me to test the service, Sports Punter have provided me with a week’s free database access. I have therefore spent this afternoon getting to grips with it, and I have to say I am spellbound. For example, I set up a filter called ‘lucy’ that highlights:
- conventional back and lay arbs (typically backing at the bookie and laying on an exchange)
- “non-middle” arbs (i.e. conventional arbs only, excluding complex ‘middles’ – which are effectively opportunities where you can exploit “overlaps” between different bookie prices, especially in Asian handicap and over/under markets… I may do a separate post on these if there is enough interest!)
- 3-way arbs (e.g. soccer matches, as these can produce home, draw or away results)
- arbs where the bookmakers operate the same rules for an event (this is a useful safety mechanism, that can be important in the event of cancellation etc.)
- arbs worth between 93 and 100%. (As a general rule, I tend to avoid super-short arbs less than 93% as they can be vulnerable to after-the-fact bookie cancellation under ‘palpable error’ clauses)
This produced the following output (extract only! – and note that your browser may enlarge the image if you click on it):
But at time of writing, Sports Punter is offering no less than 3077 live arbs! (hence the need for filters!). So I have taken tomorrow’s American Football match between Dallas and New York Giants above, and placed the following bets:
|new york jets||1.62||hills||£130.00||£10.60|
..thus locking in another £10 for the Arb of the Week fund :).
As I type, more arbs continue to come through in real time, sounding a ‘cash register’ kah-ching as each new one arrives! What distinguishes this service is that you don’t have to look for the arbs: they come looking for you…. meaning there is scope to win a huge amount of money here across an enormous range of sports events.
Unsurprisingly, this premium service comes at a premium price. For non-Australian clients, the pricing strategy is as follows:
- An initial two week cost of $AU50, $US46, €33, £23,
- Weekly: $AUD50, $USD46, €33, £23; OR
- Monthly: $AUD160, $USD145, €105, £70; OR
- Quarterly: $AUD440, $USD400, €285, £195; OR
- Half Yearly: $AUD780, $USD710, €505, £350; OR
- Yearly: $AUD1400, $USD1270, €905, £625
Clearly, if you are going to invest £625 a year, you will need to commit a serious amount of time to exploiting the opportunity. My advice would be to try the service for a week or two by clicking here, then following the link on the right hand side to “arbitrage betting”. There is scope here to make far more than £70 in a month, but it will take you a little time, plus a large number of bookmaker accounts! But it is in effect the ‘next level’ of arbitrage, and can be approached as a professional opportunity, to generate a significant tax-free income.
*** IMPORTANT UPDATE @ 21/2/2013 – It is now almost 18 months since I wrote this review. I intend to revisit it shortly, however in the meantime please see my comment below. ***
ps why not instantly download my free
30-page (now FORTY-THREE page) ebook on making £1000 per month from betting systems? The methods are all low-risk and re-usable, so why not click here and get it now!