Clearly, the only place to look for this week’s Arb of the Week item is Euro2012. All the fun and games begin today, plus we get the opening ceremony! Nothing however will compare to Diana Ross’s celebrated penalty miss.
And of course, all the bookmakers are vying for access to your betting bank, and have therefore produced a bewildering array of special offers, in the hope you’ll go shopping with them. Many of the readers of this site will however have accounts already with a lot of bookmakers, so may be wondering what the fuss is all about… the fact is, a lot of the really substantial give-aways are for new customers only, with most of the rest being slightly gimmicky. However, there are exceptions.
My favourite ones are at Bet365 and BlueSq , who are both, in effect, offering a free £50 or so to anyone who wants to relieve them of it. I intend to follow up on both this weekend, as frankly it would be rude not to.
- Bet365 are offering a free In-Play bet on Sunday’s Spain v Italy match, provided you place a pre-match bet for the same stake on the game, up to a ceiling of £50. I will add a few notes below to explain my bets for anyone who is unfamiliar with the process. But it’s ridiculously easy, plus it should be an attractive match to watch.
- BlueSq are running a series of attractive mobile offers throughout the group stages, which you can exploit only via your iPhone, Android or tablet. Essentially, they will refund anyone up to £50 in total on the 1st goalscorer and correct score markets, if your bet loses and some other quite likely event happens.
- You have to bet before the match, and can only get £50 back in total, so you do need to plan carefully. This weekend’s offers are as below… I personally fancy the Holland and the Germany games as both van Persie and Ronaldo always seems to score.
- 8th June
- 5pm, Poland v Greece: Money back if the match is 0-0 at Half time
- 7:45pm, Russia v Czech Republic: Money back if Arshavin scores
- 9th June
- 5pm, Holland v Denmark: Money back if Van Persie scores the first goal
- 7:45pm, Germany v Portugal: Money back if Ronaldo scores the first goal
- 10th June
- 5pm Spain v Italy: Money back if Fabregas or Silva score the first goal
- 7:45pm Ireland v Croatia: Money back if Eduardo scores at any time
It will be interesting to see how much I manage to cash out from these offers, as a lot depends on the odds I manage to secure from both bookmakers. The BlueSq one actually runs right through the group stages, so if need be, there’s plenty of time to exploit it. Let me know if you get involved too.